Saturday 20 October 2012

Number Pebbles

After making a start on some alphabet pebbles, I decided to have a go at some number pebbles. I've collected lots of different sized pebbles this summer so I already had a few perfect small ones ready to use. So with a few minutes to myself and coffee in hand, I had a go at creating numbers 1 to 3

They are a bit raw at the moment and need some varnish but I'm happy with them.
Pebble Numbers 1, 2, 3

I'd then made numbers 1-10. Later, I will add in mathematical symbols such as - + x  = as he gets older and learns more numeracy and mathematics at school.
So, what are you waiting for, get down the beach and get collecting so you can have a go yourself! All you need is a variety of small (or large if you fancy it) sized pebbles and some paint. If you want them to last then you'll need an acrylic paint and some varnish. If it's a bit cold now for you to go hunting for pebbles on a wet and windy beach, then why not try making some number conkers, I think that might be my next project!

If some peace and quiet in order to do a project like this is something you never get, don't worry. When I was making the alphabet pebbles, I gave George a pebble of his own to decorate and he got stuck in with his project, while I got stuck in to mine. He used felt tips to colour some in and paints to paint some. He made a cute little pebble bug which you can see below, love her eye sticker!
I'll be sure to post some ways that George and I use the pebbles together as soon as they are finished and I have a few more! In the mean time, why not have a go yourself.

PLEASE BE AWARE- If you have a younger child then make sure you collect pebbles that are too big for them to swallow. You can paint simple pictures on them for your baby, such a smiley face :) 

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoying reading your blog, Some really brilliant ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mummy B :)

    ReplyDelete