Friday 31 May 2013

I Love Lucy

This is my little Sister, Lucy. She is the youngest of all four of us but in many ways she is the most mature. She has an old soul and a wise mind and the way she looks at life is inspiring. She makes me laugh, she makes me smile, she is generous, kind hearted, hilarious, a bit of a wimp, a great shopping companion, a board game enthusiast, a movie watching, chocolate eating companion and she can calms me down with her 'this is life, just get on with it as best you can' attitude.  Since my depression came to light she has come back from London whenever she can, just to be here for me. To spend time with me, encourage me out of the house, help me with George, whatever she can do for me, she has done and for that, I am truly grateful. She came home last weekend so George and I stayed over at Amma and PopPop's on the Friday night and spent a lot of the weekend over there. So we did what all sisters do- We talked, ate, shopped, ate, watched a movie, ate, cooked, ate (all this eating included, home made cookies, Krispy Kreme donuts, wagammamas, home made marshmallows covered in chocolate, the list goes on)! But, the best thing we did, was laugh!
Laughing is not really something I've done a lot of recently, so to have a laugh, giggle, chuckle, cackle, snort (last two, both Lucy I might add) was so refreshing! I think it's true what they say about laughter being the best medicine. Since the weekend I have been feeling, better, brighter, a lot more positive, but it's always a bit crappy when she goes back. I miss her so much now she lives in London, but, I guess there is one benefit of having a little sister in the big city...... She brings us back Krispy Kreme donuts!

Here's some of the things we got up to over the weekend at Amma and PopPop's house... 
We had left over cookies and donuts for breakfast in bed (this could only happen at Amma and PopPop's house)! 

Played in the garden
Found a snake and a giant mushroom
Made swords from twigs and leaves! 


Made chocolate covered marshmallows, yum!! 
Oh and move over Ashley and Pudsey! Auntie Lucy and Ziggy are on the scene! 



So perhaps laughter really is the best medicine? 

No, wait, is it laughter and chocolate?

No it's laughter, chocolate and marshmallows...

Eeeer, is it Laughter, chocolate, marshmallows and Katsu Curry?

Nope. For me, It's Family. Family, Food and Laughter, the magic 3 to brighten up my day and put a smile on my face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment