Thursday 11 April 2013

Be Happy, Love Life!

So I went for my appointment with the mental health nurse this morning. It was emotionally draining but I got through it and am positive about the journey I am now beginning in order to get better. She is going to recommend another form of medication to my GP and has scheduled in another appointment with me in 2 weeks. she said today's appointment was about beginning to establish a relationship with her so that I feel 'safe' to talk through my issues. I did talk a bit but I soon had enough and asked to stop, which she was fine with.

I learnt recently that there are three ways to help depression:

1. Medication- After today, I am hoping this will soon be sorted. The medication I am on now isn't working, but hopefully I will see the benefits of taking something different within a few weeks.

2. Exercise- Taking Ziggy out for walks now that he has had his vaccinations is good and should be enjoyable now that the sun is shining more. When I feel a bit less anxious I would like to take the exercise up a notch and get back in to doing Pilates. I really enjoyed doing it before so I think it would be good for me to start up again.

3. Talking- Talking more will come in time I'm sure but for today a little was enough. I must learn to talk to family and friends more too- I think the saying goes 'a problem shared, is a problem halved'.

There are so many sayings out there, inspirational words and quotes about worrying less and living more. I've decided to download a few and have them as my screen saver for a while. I thought I'd share a couple with you- I find them quite encouraging so I hope you do too!




No comments:

Post a Comment